Friday, October 23, 2015

Weekly(ish) Review

Okay, here we go again! I promise, I am going to get back to posting on Fridays..

The past few weeks have been busy with work AND with a visitor! I had a friend come to Coffman last weekend, which is why I neglected to post on Friday...


Anyway, here is what the last few weeks have looked like:

  • I got my interview questions solidified for my needs assessment! WAHOO!
  • I got one volunteer trained and have been chatting with a few other potential volunteers.
  • I was able to meet up with the two other VISTAs on the island, which was really nice. We were able to talk through some challenges and just generally enjoy being together with people who are all in the same boat.
  • I attended a two-day grant-writing workshop down the island in Kasaan, which was wonderful, and very well worth my time. I got some really good ideas about grant proposal writing and grant management, and I made some good connections with other people on the island. 
  • I went through the preliminary steps to get registered for Kids Vote USA.

Here is what is on the agenda for the next week:

  • There is a library board meeting tomorrow, where I will finally get together the "dream list" of tasks to be completed in the library.
  • I am going to get out into the community and start interviewing people. I am feeling a little out of my element as I get started with this, but I think it should be fine once I get going. This project is going to take up a LOT of time, so I anticipate that this will be the big one on the agenda for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment